How to Troubleshoot Your Air Conditioner When It Stops Working
Save $40 on Any Service Call
- Over 95% of all problems are fixed within 24-48 hours.
- Applicable to regular service and same-day emergency service.
- 90-Day parts and labor warranty on all repairs.
You’re relaxing in your Minneapolis St. Paul home on a nice summer morning. Then, as the day warms up, you notice that your central air conditioner isn’t cooling your home properly. What could be wrong? Should you call a repair service technician to fix it? Maybe not. There are several simple things that could be wrong that you can check and fix yourself. It only takes a few minutes to find out if one of these things is the issue. If so, you can go back to enjoying your day. If it’s something more serious, a call to a reputable repair contractor in the Twin Cities will get an expert technician to your home quickly.
- Check the Power – Is the power off to your air conditioning unit or furnace blower? Start by checking the circuit breakers for both. They should be fully in the ON position. If not, switch them to the OFF position then back to ON. Check the switch on your blower or furnace control panel. Make sure it’s ON, too. If that restores your cool air, you’ve solved the problem. If a circuit breaker trips to OFF again, though, call us right away, since that is a symptom of a more serious problem.
- Check the Thermostat – Your thermostat should be set to a temperature lower than the current temperature in the room. Very often, someone may have raised the setting. Children love to turn dials or press buttons, and settings sometimes get changed during housecleaning. It’s surprising how many times this is the problem.
- Check Room Registers – Make sure the registers in the room are open and unobstructed. Children, or even pets, sometimes close them by accident, cutting off the circulation of air in a room.
- Check the Air Filter – Check the filter for your central heating and cooling system. If it’s clogged, that will reduce the efficiency of your system and limit air flow.
- Repair vs Replace an Air Conditioner
When you need a repair or maintenance on your central air conditioning system, you may wonder whether it’s better to make the repairs or to replace the system altogether. Depending on many factors, the decision is an important one, and our heating and air conditioning company can give you the facts you need to make the best choice. Cost is the main factor in the decision. When the problem is simple and the repair is inexpensive, repairing is a better choice. We’re happy to serve you, either way.
- When to Buy or Replace an Air Conditioner
Keeping your home comfortable in Minnesota’s steamy summer heat is a high priority for most Twin Cities homeowners. As a top-rated air conditioning contractor, we’ve been helping Twin Cities customers cool their homes for over two decades. No matter what time of year you decide to add central air conditioning comfort to your home or need to replace an inefficient old unit, we offer great prices, top-quality Carrier and Payne products, expert installation and customer service you demand and deserve.
Affordable AC Repair in Minneapolis St. Paul MN
If none of the troubleshooting solutions above restores your air conditioner’s operation, or if you suspect of more serious problems, our Twin Cities AC company has the most experienced technicians who can come to your home quickly. They are highly trained and skilled, and will diagnose and repair any problems right away. Don’t let the oppressively hot weather ruin your summer or ignore poor air conditioner performance. Call us as soon as you have a problem. Repairing all major brands of air conditioners is a high priority for us. Contact us anytime. We’re available on weekends and evenings for emergency service, too.
As the top-rated AC service contractor in the Twin Cities, we provide quality repairs at affordable prices. Our repair technicians always respond quickly to service calls and arrive on-time. After we diagnose your problem, we will give you a clear price quote on the repair cost. We will explain what need to fixed or replaced. Only after you give us the go-ahead, we will promptly repair your air conditioner to satisfaction. All our repairs come with a 30-day warranty. We are available around the clock and ready to handle any problems to bring comfort back to your family during our hot humid summers.