Lowboy Furnace Replacement – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
Although lowboy gas furnaces are still being made by some manufacturers, most Twin Cities homes no longer use them for home heating. Designed primarily for low basement ceilings or for crawlspaces, they have their blower mounted behind or next to the heat exchanger, rather than below the heat exchanger. As the leading Minnesota heating contractor, we often replace these obsolete heating equipment with modern high-efficiency models by Carrier for our customers. Like all older heating equipment, low-boy furnaces have poor efficiency ratings – as low as 60%. That means that owners are sending 40% of their natural gas energy up the flue instead of heating their homes. Since most homes in the Minneapolis St. Paul area have plenty of ceiling height in their basements, our experienced installation crews can adapt modern high-efficiency furnaces to existing ductwork and give homeowners more fuel efficiency and floor space. With our volume-purchase power, we offer sales and discount offers unmatched by other contractors.
- Identifying Lowboy Furnaces – Typically 48 inches high or less, they have a rectangular shape and are longer than they are wide. Typically, the air filter will be located toward the front or back of the cabinet. The main blower, too, is typically located at the front or rear as well.
- Check the Efficiency Rating – If the furnace is of recent manufacture, you can find its AFUE efficiency rating on one of the exterior labels on the cabinet. If no AFUE rating is listed, it probably predates efficiency labeling requirements, and may have an efficiency of 60% or even less.
- Check Available Vertical Space – If the ceiling height in your basement gives you plenty of headroom when you are standing, then there’s enough room for an upgrade. As your trusted Minneapolis St. Paul heating contractor, our experienced service technicians can replace the old furnace to increase your energy efficiency while reducing your energy costs. The smaller footprint of your new furnace will give you more floor space, too.
- Get a Professional Evaluation – When you call our residential HVAC company in Minneapolis, we’ll be happy to provide you with a free, no-obligation evaluation of your home heating and a cost estimate for a high-efficiency replacement manufactured by Carrier, the most trusted HVAC manufacturer. With more efficient equipment available in a wide range of models and prices, you can start saving on your energy bills right away without breaking your budget.
Why Replace Older Lowboy Furnaces
- Energy Cost Savings – Today’s high-efficiency furnaces have AFUE ratings as high as 96% and more. Installing a modern forced-air heating system can cut your energy bills dramatically. The dramatic savings over the long term help pay for the upgrade.
- Improved Reliability – As with all older furnaces, the odds of problems developing during the heating season increase every year. Even worse, if you do need repairs on the old equipment, parts may not be available quickly or may not be available at all. In Minnesota’s cold winters, loss of heat is an emergency.
- Compatibility with Central Air Conditioning – Your older lowboy furnace may not be compatible with central air conditioning systems and digital controls. We offer special pricing for installing both a new furnace and central air conditioner and such an upgrade is extremely cost-effective.
- Better Home Comfort Controls – Older lowboy furnaces typically use very simple non-digital thermostats, which limit your ability to control your home’s heating. Today’s high-efficiency home heating and air conditioning systems use the latest technology to make your home more comfortable than ever before and improve heating efficiency.
Most Trusted Heating Contractor in Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
If you have an old lowboy furnace in your home, it’s costing you more than you think in higher energy bills and could be subject to an unexpected failure at the worst possible time. By upgrading to a Carrier high-efficiency model from our Minneapolis locally owned residential heating service company, you’ll save on your energy bills and have the peace of mind of knowing that your home and family will be warm and comfortable without worry.
Call us today for a free, in-home consultation with an experienced HVAC specialist. There’s no obligation, and we’ll evaluate your current system, show you all of your available options, and provide an accurate, complete cost estimate for a full range of ideal systems for your home. We’ll answer all of your questions without any high-pressure sales tactics. You’ll get the information you need; the decisions are yours alone.