Furnace Troubleshooting & Repair Contractor – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
$20 Off Furnace Repair Service
- Save $20 on furnace repair service. We solve over 95% of all furnace problems within 24-48 hours.
- Applicable to regular service and emergency service.
Winters in the Minneapolis St Paul area can be brutal. It’s hard for most of us to understand how our ancestors managed to survive during the winter, living in drafty houses heated only with firewood. Today, of course, we have modern forced air heating systems and well-insulated homes. We live in comfortable surroundings, despite the harsh weather. Modern furnace systems are so reliable that we rarely think about what would happen if they just stopped working.
But, since furnaces are mechanical devices, they can break down. In addition, most of them rely on electrical power to operate fans and other components and will not run at all if the electricity fails. Every Minnesotan should have a plan for what to do if the heat fails. Fortunately, such a plan is relatively easy to put together. Here’s what to do if your heat fails:
- Don’t Panic – If the forced-air heating furnace stops working, it’s not an immediate emergency. Most homes only lose one or two degrees of temperature per hour, even when the temperature outside is at zero degrees or below. You have plenty of time to take care of things.
- Don’t Endanger Your Family – Do not be tempted to use improvised heating measures. Portable kerosene and propane heaters are not safe for use inside a home, due to the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. For the same reason, operating a gas kitchen range is an unsafe way to heat your home.
- Determine the Cause of Failure – Troubleshooting the situation is your first step. Did the electrical power fail? If so, that’s the reason you have no heat. Your furnace can’t run without electricity. Was it the thermostat? Try resetting the temperature on the thermostat. Turn it down, and then turn it back up. If the power is on, but you still have no heat, check the circuit breaker or fuse for the furnace. Resetting the breaker or replacing the fuse may be all you have to do. Remember that the furnace can’t operate without electricity. If none of those fix the problem, the problem is probably elsewhere, and you may need outside help.
- Electric Power Outage – If the power has failed in your home, call your electric power company’s toll-free number. Report the power outage. Usually, your entire neighborhood will have no power. The power company should be able to give you a rough estimate of when the power will be back on. Typically, it’s not more than a few hours, so throw on a sweater and wait it out. If the problem is limited to your home, they’ll check it for you, but you may have to call an electrician if the problem is in your house’s wiring.
- Furnace Breakdown – If the electricity is on, none of the tips above has worked, and you’re in the Minneapolis St. Paul area, call our Minnesota heating company as soon as you can. We have experienced repair crews ready to help, even after hours and on weekends. We service and repair all brands of forced-air heating systems. We’ll advise you about how soon a repair technician will arrive. Once the service technician is at your home, he’ll advise you after diagnosing the problem. Most problems can be repaired quickly and your home will be warm again. We make emergency furnace repair calls.
- Worst Case Scenarios – Although it’s unlikely, a major failure may mean that your furnace needs to be replaced or the power may be out for more than 24 hours. If that occurs, you may have to move yourself and your family to warmer surroundings. If you have to vacate your home while repairs are made, call a plumber before you leave and have him shut off the water and drain your internal plumbing to prevent burst pipes if the temperature drops too low.
- Away from Home – Before traveling in the winter months, you should arrange for someone to check your home once a day. A power or furnace failure while you’re out of town can be a disaster. Having someone make a daily house check allows necessary repairs to be done before any damage occurs. Make sure that person knows how to contact you when you’re away.
Minneapolis St. Paul Most Reliable Heating Repair Service Contractor
Over 90% of the time, a loss of heat in your home will be resolved before there’s any risk of damage to your home in the Minnesota winter. The power will come back on, or the furnace will be repaired quickly. Living in the Minneapolis and St. Paul area, you can minimize the risks of furnace failure by having our Minnesota heating company inspect, clean, and tune-up your system once a year. It’s a wise investment that will save you money and help prevent problems due to lack of maintenance. If your furnace hasn’t been inspected for some time, call Residential Heating and Air Conditioning today and get the peace of mind that comes with knowing your forced-air heating system is in top condition.
As a leading heating contractor in Minnesota, we offer affordable furnace repair service. Our pricing is competitive and our quality is unmatched. If you furnace breaks down or doesn’t work properly, we are ready to help. Our affordable repair service starts with a diagnosis that will pinpoint the root cause of the problem. Then, we present you with a price quote on how much the furnace repair costs. Once you approve the cost, we will get the job finished in a timely fashion. Our service vans are stocked with replacement parts. In case we need special parts, we have quick access to large parts supplies. Our goal is get your heat back on as quickly as possible at an affordable price. Having a heating contractor that you can trust in the middle of a Minnesota winter gives you peace of mind.