How Much Does Boiler Conversion Cost in Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN?
If you’re tired of the balky boiler-driven steam or hot water heating system in your home, you’ve probably thought about replacing it. The outstanding comfort of a central heating and air conditioning system makes a conversion an attractive option. Still, you’re probably worried about how much this switch will cost. That’s only natural. At our Minneapolis locally owned residential heating company, we’re concerned about your budget, too. We’ve done many of these conversions for our customers since 1991, and they tell us that the initial cost is more than repaid by problem-free, even heating and cooling comfort and far lower energy bills each month. Here are some of the factors that go into the total cost of converting to high-efficiency gas furnace heating:
| Boiler Conversion Cost in Minneapolis St. & Paul, MN |
- No Two Boiler to Central HVAC Conversions Are the Same – Most often, boiler-based heating systems are standard in older homes in Minneapolis St. Paul. Each conversion requires a customized approach and will have a different price tag. It’s impossible to give a price quote without a careful analysis of what will be required. When you call us for a free estimate, we’ll evaluate your home, discuss your needs and current system with you, and create an initial plan for the project. Then, we can give you an accurate estimate of the total cost of the project.
- Your Home’s Design Is a Big Factor in the Total Cost – Older homes that use steam or hot water heating come in a variety of sizes and designs. The cost to convert a single-story home to forced-air heating and air conditioning is naturally lower than a project on a two-story home. Since air ducts will have to be designed and installed, the home’s design will dictate the complexity of that system, also affecting cost. Other factors, like basement size, construction materials and access to upper floors and attics also play a role in determining cost.
- Removal of Your Boiler, Radiators and Plumbing Affects Project Cost – Before your new forced-air gas furnace and central air conditioner can be installed, the old boiler, plumbing and radiators must be removed. If insulating materials include asbestos, having a licensed asbestos abatement contractor remove those materials can increase the time and cost of removal. We will discuss all of these factors with you and explain the process in detail after a thorough evaluation of your home. All removed materials will be recycled properly or disposed of in an approved, environmentally safe way.
- Air Duct System Design Is an Important Part of Your New System – Modern homes are designed from the beginning to accommodate HVAC air ducts, which are installed during construction. Your older home wasn’t originally designed for forced-air heating and AC, so a new air duct system must be retrofitted. If your home has a full basement, first-floor ducts and floor registers can be installed at a very reasonable cost. Upper floors or homes with only partial basements will require customized ductwork designs. Our experts can create unobtrusive, cost-effective solutions for any home design.
- Your Choice of Furnace and AC Equipment Affects the Price – As Minnesota’s leading Carrier dealer, we supply and install the full range of Carrier furnaces and AC systems. Whether you choose a low-cost basic system or a high-efficiency top-of-the-line model, our volume purchasing helps you keep costs as low as possible. We’ll present you with all of your options, explain how your choices will affect your monthly energy bills and project costs. Then, you can make the right decision for your needs and budget. You’ll never get a high-pressure sales pitch from us.
- Installation of Your New System Is the Final Cost Factor – Converting a hot water boiler to a modern, high-efficiency central heating and air conditioning system is a complex installation job. Our superbly trained and resourceful installation technicians are familiar with all aspects of this process. We’ll plan the installation carefully and get your new system up and running as efficiently as possible. Our long experience helps us get the entire project done at the most reasonable pricing available anywhere. We’ll discuss every step with you in detail.
Your Expert Boiler Heat Conversion Contractor – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
Whether you want better heating and air conditioning for your older Twin Cities home or are getting your home ready to go on the market, replacing your ancient steam or hot water heating system with modern forced-air heating and air conditioning is an excellent choice. Keeping the cost of a conversion under control and the quality of that installation depend on the contractor you choose to do the job. Since 1991, we’ve been converting homes in Minnesota to efficient central heating and air conditioning at the best possible prices.