“My nose is running, my throat is sore, and my headache won’t go away. %#*#^*, I’ve had enough!”
Allergies are the worst. If you suffer from allergies, you know exactly what we’re talking about. They make it hard to think clearly, zap motivation, and can make life hell. Does someone else in your family experience those kind of symptoms?
A common problem
It’s estimated about 30% of the population worldwide experiences allergies in some form or another. With such an invasive problem, it can feel like there’s no way to escape them. Residential Heating & Air Conditioning has tips for making your home a safer place for you and your family.
Don’t suffer when you can alleviate symptoms
If you can do something to reduce symptoms, wouldn’t you give it a try? While we focus on air conditioning installation service in St. Louis Park, MN, we have taken an active approach to dealing with our customers’ allergies. Here are the biggest recommendations we share with customers.
- Get the right filter. The basic air filter on your air conditioner functions to keep dirt and contaminants from clogging machinery. While having an air filter will help extend the life of your furnace or AC, it’s not actually purifying the air. You need a specialized filter that removes impurities from the air. We can show you models that do more for air quality.
- Don’t rely on an outdated AC to cool your home. Older ACs and faulty ductwork allow dust to travel through the home with abandon. If your AC is over 10 years old, it’s not going to do as good of a job at removing humidity from the air that can promote mold allergies.
- Don’t let dust get you down. When you get air conditioning installation service in St. Louis Park, MN, you’ll find your newer AC has stronger fans and more power. This can lead to the dust and allergens hanging around your ductwork circulating into the air. When you get your AC installed, make sure you also get your ductwork cleaned and patched at the same time to avoid this pitfall.
- Pick the right cleaning products. While you might think using harsh cleaners to kill bacteria will help make your home safer and cleaner, you could be increasing symptoms for allergy sufferers. You’ll irritate lungs by exposing your family to heavy chemicals. Instead, use non-toxic natural cleaners and save the strong cleaners for rare occasions. Always clean in a well-ventilated area and use gloves when handling anything stronger than vinegar. Use microfiber towels to wipe up dust and prevent it from just spreading around while you clean.
- Keep smoke at a minimum. Never smoke cigarettes in the home. If you’re broiling, grilling, or frying food on the stove you are adding smoke into the air. Use the intake fan on your stove and open a window.
By reducing the causes of allergies, you’ll reduce the symptoms. If it’s time for air conditioning installation service in St. Louis Park, MN, call Residential Heating & Air Conditioning. Today’s the day to make your appointment so call us at 612-724-1899 now.